Saturday, January 21, 2012

Channeling Roger Daltry



Who are you? No, I am not referring to a song by the 1960's rock group The Who, but rather the subject of photographs.

One of the things I treasure most about doing genealogy is have a picture of the person I am researching. It is nice to put a name to the face, and also see which facial features carry on through your family line. However, the biggest problem I have run into are boxes and albums full of relatives, and having no clue who they are!

I inherited a box full of old photographs from my Great Aunt, and was unable to identify a good portion of picture subjects. I wish I had sat down with her before her passing and asked who everyone is.

That is why it is so important to go out and purchase an "acid free" pen (you can find them at craft stores and places that deal in scrap booking supplies) and identify all of your photos. Even pictures you have taken recently yourself. In the future someone looking at them, may not know who everyone is.

No comments:

Post a Comment